Very rare chairs designed by Robert Haussmann in 1950 during the courses followed at the Kunstgewerbeschule of Zurich under the teaching of Mr. Willy Guhl.
This set of two chairs is the first series produced in less than 100 pieces. There are two major differences between the 1st edition and the 2nd. The assembly of the front leg of this series, is made with the mitre. On the second series, the assembly is with right angle. The stringing had to be made in several sections contrary to the 2nd version which is of only one holding. Base in black lacquered beech, seat and back in hemp rope. The chairs are entirely original from the '50s, they have some traces of wear. Produced in the workshops of Ph. Oswald in Oberglatt between 1951-1954. We do not separate the pair.